https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Tuesday 11 January 2011

For my sis

Hi peeps,
You know how I'm loving my distress inks at the moment, well here's another one done with them lol,
It's my sisters Birthday next week and she loves oriental as do I funnily enough, so what better image than this gorgeous Magnolia,

When I saw this gorgeous paper from the Basic Grey Curio pad it just said oriental to me, maybe I'm strange, no Mandy don't answer that lol,
I've followed the sketch over at Magnolia Down under so of course I'll put it in their challenge lol,
Just Magnolia ~ anything goes optional buttons,
I've coloured the flower with the same colour ways to hopefully coordinate with  the look of the papers or as near as I could any way, the raffia I wove twice round the card and attached the coins using pin flair gel, and the fans are fixed that way too, the borders are of course a Doo Hickey die which I've added a little lace for character and to lighten the effect, 

Colours used:
Antique linen, tattered rose, vintage photo,
Walnut stain, pumice stone, 
Aged Mahogany, brushed corduroy,
Black soot,
I've again painted my background I'm loving this look and it's such fun to do he he,
Hope your all having a lovely day with lots of fun!
see you soon,
Ps Back tomorrow with some Candy for my up coming Birthday!






15 comments:

Carol said...

Oooo Liz, this is absolutely stunning Hun!! Your Sister's gonna be over the moon! I must admit I'm not an oriental fan lover but this card has just changed my mind, luv everything about it! Well done you and good luck in the challenge. Lotsa luv xxxx

Martina's kaartjes said...

Lovely card !
greetings, martina
x

chrissy xx said...

Fabulous card. I'm loving your distress inks too! Pity I'm not that good!!!!.
Chrissyxx

Chrissy said...

Those papers are to die for. GORGEOUS card. Love your embellishments and the image..beautiful.
Luv CHRISSYxx

heidy said...

Oh wow Liz,your sis is gonna love this,I know I do,
Hugs Heidy

Unknown said...

Stunning Liz your sis will love it
Chris x

Joanne said...

Lovely Liz, so many nice details, the fans are so cute! Love the paper too, such beautiful shades of peach and browns! Hugs, J:)

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Liz.
luv
Debby

Mandy said...

Strange, you !!!!!!!!!!!!
Stunning card hunny, beautifully coloured, and your embellies are gorgeous
hugs Mandy xx

nessy said...

oh this card is just amazing ~ what beautiful papers and such a sweet tilda, and love the detail!
vanessa xx

Tara Godfrey said...

WOW!!! Absolutely gorgeous, Liz! I love the all the gorgeous details, papers and Tilda is so beautiful! Love your Distress ink colouring and the background inking of the image is wonderfully done! Great take on Karen’s fabulous sketch that we have for this week’s challenge!
Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC!
Hugs,t

Unknown said...

OH WOW Your card is stunning!! I love the papers I do think they match wonderfully!! I really love what you have done with my sketch too, thanks so much for joining in the fun at MDUC this week:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Sharon said...

Just gorgeous Liz! I love this combination of papers with this particular Tilda.

Sharon x

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Hi Liz - this is beautifully detailed! Gosh, everything from the paper to the raffia ribbon under the fabulous coins. The flower is perfectly colored, too. :)

Cheers,
Susan

Janiel/ janny said...

oh wow Liz the papers and embellies are PERFECT with this image!!!
Thanks so much for joining in this week at MDUC.
hugs, Janiel