https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Sunday 17 July 2011

Totally Tilda's Christmas Decoration in July

Hi peeps, now you know me, know I don't do Christmas before November then I get a couple of my DT's  that want just that lol,

 The Totally Tilda challenge  is for a Christmas  hanging decoration so no cards please,

The globe is two acetate domes which on  the back one  I painted with white acrylic paint then while still wet  I applied Glamour dust too, 
I coloured Skiing Tilda with copics, cut her out ( carefully those ski's are a nightmare lol) then also cut two quickcutz die  snowflakes out, these were given the glamour dust treatment too,
Is it just me or does it get everywhere!!
I attached acetate  tabs to all the images and then adhered them to the back acetate dome, this wasn't easy as the glue didn't like the surface very well lol,
I added a bit of loose Pinflair Diamond glitter to the base of my globe for mock snow which also moves when shaken,
I then glued the two domes together added a large Sissix die snowflakes which I cut in half added some lovely ribbon and job done lol

I also forgot how hard acetate is to photograph as it catches the light, so I do hope you can see it ok lol,

Challenges
Simon Says Stamp ~ Anything goes
Sarah Hurley ~ colouring
Fun with shapes and more ~ Everything but a card
Simply Create ~ Christmas time
Stamp something ~ Christmas in July
Magnolia Down Under ~ create a scene

Well all for now, hope to catch you later,
Have a lovely Sunday!
I have candy!!

love and hugs Liz xx

17 comments:

cheryl said...

oh hun this is just gorgeous oh love that image,and the detail is as ever first class hugs cherylxxx

heidy said...

Hi Liz,this is so beautiful!
Hugs Heidy

chrissy xx said...

Just Fabulous! LOve it Liz.
Chrissyxx
Yep! that dust gets everywhere lol I've even seen it in the car!

Janette said...

Morning Liz, I can see it fine, it looks gorgeous too....what a fab idea, I can see I am going to have to start thinking about Christmas, it's popping up everywhere no matter what I do...lol..have a good day.xx

yvon said...

Hi Liz, your creation is gorgeous, what a fun idea.
Have a sunny sunday.
Hugs, Yvon

Teresa said...

Stunning decoration Liz. xx

krafty-kutz said...

FAB idea hun...OMG i wish i was this creative lol xxx

Christine said...

Morning Liz awwww Tilda off to the ski slopes I see?? great crimbo creation very inventive love it

smiles mummy xx

D K Crafts said...

Hi Liz. Gorgeous idea. Love the image and the detail. Never too early to start for Christmas. Donna

Mandy said...

Liz this is absolutely gorgeous hun, I love it, how lovely would a Crimbo tree full of these be :)
hugs Mandy xx

coops said...

wow this is gorgeous liz.fab image and i love all the sparkle :D

xx coops xx

artydoll said...

Thats so pretty
xx love it

Babette said...

What a lovely snow globe,it's really gorgeous.
Hugs,
Babette

Lori said...

Great idea Liz, and I can feel Tilda skiing through the cold snow, thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under this week!

Janice said...

Great project! Thanks for playing Simply Create this week!

Melissa Bove said...

Perfection! What a gorgeous ornament! Thank you very much for playing along with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Julie said...

Speechless with admiration!! Juliexx