https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Sunday 19 August 2012

ATSC Recycle

Hi guys,
hope your weekend is lovely where you are,
for my project today for Addicted to Stamps I've recycled a Zovirax box

My mind always goes blank when I have a recycling challenge to do so I keep all sorts of things to hopefully inspire me and this time this was it lol

My mind works in mysterious ways and when looking at it I thought!oh that would make a lovely seat for a wedding couple lol,
first I covered it with paper and inked all the edges with walnut stain distress inks after distressing the upper edges,

I then covered another layer on the front in Pion paper that had hints of muted colours, over that I added some gorgeous lace, lace flower trim for mock cushions, pearl string, two Marianne heart dies that I joined together in the middle and a Doo Hickey heart swirl die for the back,


I made some arms for the sofa using another Marianne die which I edged with the distress ink too,
to finish the ends off I added flowers to the sides,

a couple of lace flowers edged sideways finish it off too on the sitting part, the gorgeous Magnolia couple from an older collection we're coloured with my distress re-inkers and then cut out, I fixed them using a strip of card behind the figures and stuck on the settee as shown, I  hid these strips with the lace flowers after by bringing the lace flowers forward,
to finish off my sofa/settee I placed it on my latest Marianne die cut, see previous post and added a Sissix lamp post finished off with a few pearls at the back, these we're edged with walnut stain distress ink too,

Hope your not fed up with my numerous pictures again lol
do check out my lovely teamies creations,

challenges
Crafts and Me ~ Add some lace
Midweek Magnolias ~ Weddings
Bunny Zoes ~ Summer
Tildas town ~ late summer fun
That craft place ~ vintage

have a lovely Sunday
Happy Crafting
Hugs Liz xx

30 comments:

cebelica said...

I never would have imagined a simple box could be transformed into something so beautiful. Amazing project! Hugs! xx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Wow Liz how cleaver are you! great idea. Such a great use of your dies and box.

jacqui x

JB said...


Hi Liz ,

wow !!! This is gorgeous ,
fantastic idea and very beautiful .

Have a great sunday
Jenny x

Mummylade said...

brilliant

Marlies said...

I love your creation Liz!! This little wedding bench is fabulous!! Great details and all of this started with a zovirax box! The swan card in the post under this ons is gorgeous as well!! hugs, Marlies

cheryl said...

wow and wow HUN this is fantastic oh I adore that wee seat gosh the detail Hun is just brilliant a real stunning work of art hugs Cherylxxxxx

downrightcrafty said...

oh Liz, fabulous recycling and beautiful attention to detail, love how the two hearts at the back cause a halo around the image heads, just stunning but would expect nothing less
Hugs Kate xx

Riet said...

This is so wonderful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kelly Lloyd said...

Liz your ideas and creations are always so amazing. Another wonderful design, beautifully put together..

Hugs kelly

Bev said...

Liz I had to take a minute to leave a comment - this is absolutely brilliant! Wow that box makes the most perfect wedding seat! I need to say it again lol - absolutely brilliant!

Unknown said...

This is great Liz, a really clever idea. Who woudl have thought that you could make a Zovirax box beautiful, lol.
This would look great on a table at a wedding.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday
Hugs
Tasha
xxxxx

Murielle said...

WOW...Liz, this is wonderful idea!!!
I love all these details so perfect.
Adorable Tilda and Edwin.
Big hugs, Mumur.

Susy said...

This is so gorgeus! Love the image, your coloring and the little box under them to sit on!!!

HUGS SUSY

Fleur said...

Gorgeous ♥ ♥ ♥
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Nicola said...

Omg Liz (lifting my chin off floor), you are so creative! Who on earth would believe that this awesome work of art started off as a Novirax box.
There are not enough adjectives to describe the beauty of your creation, I LOVE this so much.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

yvon said...

Hey Hun, Like i said, this is just out of this world. So absolut beautiful and such a great idea. Love every picture, there is so much to see.
Have a great SUNday.
Hugs, Yvon xx

Céline said...

another gorgeous creation! really elegant and stunning
thanks for playing with us at Tilda's town this week
hugs
céline

Ivonne said...

Oh wow, amazing! I love the way you recicle that box and it looks so gorgeous! Love the images, they are so cute. Hugs, Ivonne

Suzi Mac said...

Oh my word Liz!!! you made me giggle with this adorable creation. Think I've seen everything now!!! what an imagination. I am loving this to bits. Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolias and That Craft Place. Good luck in the draws.
Hugs
Suzi x

Elizabeth said...

What a gorgeous bridal couple, Liz! your coloring is wonderful! Love the clever idea, too! Thanks for joining us in Tilda's Town! Hugs, Elizabeth

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Liz,
OMW I can't believe how you transformed that Zovirax box into this beautiful piece of furniture! Love it - the little rose cushions for their bottoms too:) - beautiful colouring as always, Hugs, Teresa xx

Unknown said...

wow wow wow... what a wonderful idea!! Thanks for getting Vintage with us at that craft place xx

Tina Makuc said...

OMG Liz!! This is gorgeous!!
I love every single detail!! You've done an amazing job with that horrible box!! :)
Thanks for sharing your amazing creation with us at Midweek Magnolias!!
Hugs, Tina

Penni said...

WOW Liz - you are the Queen of alteration!!! I have been known to keep the odd box etc, but I would have never kept this one - I will next time I get a box of a similar shape !!!!

This is such a beautiful creation. I love it. Thanks for joining us at Midweek Magnolias.

Hugs
Penni
X

Vicky said...

WOW.........I really dont know what else to say but WOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolia's, look forward to seeing you again hun & AGAIN LOL.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Jenny said...

Wow what a clever idea! This is so beautiful :) Thanks for sharing with us at Midweek Magnolias. Jenny x

Tina Makuc said...

Thanks for sharing this amazing project with us at Tilda's Town too!!
Hugs, Tina

Kjersti said...

A beautiful creation Liz, love the die you have used at the bottom! And the images are lovely, great colored!
Have a nice weekend!
Hugs Kjersti:)

Words and Pictures said...

This is completely wonderful! The imagination to see the possibility to start with, and then to create it so beautifully - just gorgeous recycling, taking it to another level!!
Alison x

Laney said...

WOW!! Absolutely stunning and a great idea!!
Thanks for joining us at 'That Craft Place'
hugs
laney