https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Thursday 23 October 2014

My first Altered art grunge journal cover with Tutorial


Hi guys, back today with a project I've done just for fun!! had a fab time playing with stencils, grunge and paint lol!!!

I've done a tutorial too so grab a brew and a biccie as picture heavy!!!
List of products used below at the end,
Tutorial:
Take some Designer paper for the front cover, mine was too small in length so i joined it, the join will be hidden so don't worry about it too much,

When this was done i added a layer of clear Gesso to seal the paper,

Next I added some stencil work with a couple of different stencils and grunge paste,

As you can see when this was dry I also added a couple of bits of lace,

For some added depth and interest I added a Dusty Attic Skeleton clock piece which I had saved from  a previous  project, and layered this onto the bottom left,

To try to reduce the amount of pictures, I've shown the next bit with another DA chippie added to the top and some flowers too (not shown) and then I went over everything with a couple of layers of white Gesso,
While this dries take your journal and cover the front of the book with a layer of white Gesso too,

This stage is great fun, spray your desired inks randomly and to add interest you can let some of it run by holding it up vertically, if there is lots of ink in one or two places blot dry with kitchen towel then heat with a heat gun, you can also see i added a couple of clock hands in metal, these I left in their original state and sprayed over the top of them too,
Do the same on the journal cover too, oops got my shadow on this too!

To add definition I went over some of the chippies etc with silks for more depth and a little sheen,
I had previously coloured up this fabby Bloom girl stamp with my copics,(I bought this last week when on my hols and got another one too!! they just fell into my basket lol,) when finished I fussy cut it out then layered it onto a  scrap of paper keeping in the colours scheme,
When everything is dry add the image and  a little more detail with cheesecloth, metal charm, Tim Holtz sentiments and a little puple colour on the top of the cheesecloth and lace with distress ink,

some close up photos of the cover!



Recipe:
Bloom girl - Girl Karlie
Bloom sprays - Gilded, precious stone, Lime
Silks - Black,pretty Peridot, Emporers Gold
Dusty Concord distress ink
DA - Skeleton clock chippie
DA - Devine frame set
T/H - Harlequin stencil
Crafters workshop - Gothic Romance stencil
Grunge paste
Papers - 7 Dots studio - Cold country, Wave
Lace - Sweet Lilac
Flowers - stash
Cock Hands - TH- Ideaology
Glossy accents - (on buttons on image)
Black fine liner pen
Foam pads,
Cheesecloth
Metal clock charm- stash

Challenges

Bloom girls - October colour challenge
Thanks for looking,
Happy Crafting!!!
Hugs Liz xx

6 comments:

Gertrude said...

WOW, ein Traum diese Karte, ich bin ganz begeistert
glg Gertrude

Donna Mosley said...

Stunning make Liz, love the gorgeous image and details.

Donna x

Carol S. said...

Stunning project and loving all the textures. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Janette said...

This is so fab Liz, I have just started playing around with stencils and am having fun....lol...this is amazing.xx

coops said...

love this liz.the textures and colours are stunning and the image is fabulous ;D

xx coops xx

Gina's Cards said...

OMG Liz, you have put so much work into this amazing creation! I absolutely love the background, and your colouring is totally gorgeous. Love it!
Hugs
Gina xx