https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Wednesday 22 July 2015

Holiday Fun!!!

Hi guys, I've been having a play and come up with a 3D project just for fun, the weather here has been awful so to put me in a summery mood i made this, lol

I took my inspiration from the gorgeous background papers from Maja Design latest Summer Crush collection and also from a wooden Anchor I bought at a craft fair the other month,
I cut out the lighthouse shape from another piece of designer paper I had in my stash, and the clouds dies I shaped slightly, added distress ink to the edges and adhered onto the design with 3D glue to keep the floating effect I wanted,

After asking hubby to cut me some  "do you have any "bits of unwanted wood hanging around" down for the base, I painted it with Gesso then added texture sand on the top, when dry I sprayed it with a couple of distress inks to get the look of sand,
I painted my wooden Anchor with Inka Gold wax in Silver and distressed it lightly with distress ink too, I added a brad with the back cut off for a little metal look detail and then a bit of twine, I wanted Tilda to sit on it so didn't need to add anything more to it,
Behind Tilda is a Magnolia fence stamp which is again coloured with DI'S and fussy cut out then I took some Mulberry Bark and stained it with green distress ink to look like seaweed, you can also see some on the right hand side at the back,
At the very back I made a couple of wave effects using a Tim Holtz on the edge die and some more Maja Design paper, this I edged with picket fence crackle paint to give the illusion of surf,
The middle section is made up of a Tando creative house which was left over from another project I did a few months back, this is apinted with acrylic paint and hints of crackle paint too,
I took a couple of shell stamps again by magnolia, folded some watercolour paper in half, stamped the shape up to the fold, cut them out, distress coloured the insides and back then folded it in half and glued down on top of a pearl to look like an oyster shell, you can make one of them out on the right front, the others hidden behind Tilda!!! 
Some sea shells from my stash, Tim Holtz film strip, flowers from the Ribbon Girl and a camera die cut out of the reverse Maja design paper used at the back, finishes it off,

Challenges
Magnolia-licious - Anchors Aweigh
Tilda's Town - Anything goes
Magnolia mania - pimp something - A piece of wood

Hope you like my summery project,

10 comments:

Neet said...

This is absolutely fabulous! Love it!
Hugs, Neet xx

Rene said...

What an amazing project!!!! Love it! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Tilda's Town! Good luck,
Rene

Céline said...

fabulous
thanks for playing with us at tilda's town
hugs
céline

The Craft Bucket said...

Just beautiful, as always. Thank you for playing along with us at TILDA'S TOWN this week & the very best of luck. Love Jane x

Suzi Mac said...

Wow!! Liz, this is just fabulous, such a lot of work involved but so worth it. Amazing work hon, thank you for joining us over at Magnolia-licious. Good luck! Hugs Suzi x

Gina's Cards said...

WOW, you really are the queen when it comes to making these amazing projects Liz and this is no exception.Truly beautiful!!
Hugs
Gina xx

Pam Sparks said...

Liz - this is fabulous! I love it! So glad you linked to Tilda's Town Challenges this week! Thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is wonderful! So much detail. I love it.

ScrappyAndrea said...

OMG! Your project is AMAZING. Love it ♥ ♥.
Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Mania!
Hugs, Andrea

Cathy Lee said...

Darling make, Liz. You always do such creative artwork. Thank you for sharing it with us at Magnolia-licious.
Hugz,
Cath