https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Monday 4 April 2011

For you mum,

Hi Guys,
Earlier this week I made this for my mum for mothers day, so thought I'd put it on here and show you lol, 
I've seen a few of these book cards in blog land lately and thought I'd have a go, 
make a brew I've a few pictures lol!
My mum loves pale colours and daffodils, well I had no stamp with just Daffs so I masked tilda with tulips on to a fence which had a few peeking out,
I've coloured these with copics and edges the are distressed with Antique Linen Distress ink,
The paper is from the Tim Holtz shabby pad and my edges are sewn,
I did the inside in the book style and on the left is a pocket for a removable tag on which I used the distress ink again and with the same colour did a border using the same colour with a Stempelglede grunge stamp,
I put a few words in the middle,
I did the same frame effect on the top and around the book,
Here's a close up of the book, I edged the top edges with a Martha Stewart border punch, then I distressed it with Vintage photo for a bit of  an aged look,
I hope you can see the frame effect on the card too,

Back to the front,

I used various flowers then took a butterfly button and a pearl button and took off the shanks, ( not easy) I can tell you, they ping all over the place lol, then I  mounted them with the flowers, Magnolia swirl die, and pearl strings
The top left corner has a quickcutz die and some more pearls finish off the card on the card and inside on the MS Butterlflies,
Challenges
Just Magnolia ~ Anything with extra buttons
Stampin for the weekend ~ For Mothers day
Sarah Hurley ~ Mums the word
Flutter by Wednesdays~ Buttons and Bows
Stampin for the weekend ~ For mum/ mothers day

Edited to add,
Did you notice my buttons are missing on my first picture, my camera's been playing up so I was testing it only I hadn't put them on then,
know what's worse, I've only just realised, lol

It's really cold and raining now here,
where did spring go lol !!!!
See you soon,
Have a lovely day
Love and hugs Liz xx

27 comments:

arjette said...

Ooohhh wwoowww this is really pretty!!!! I'm sure your mom was very happy with it!!!!

gr. arjette.

heidy said...

Wow Liz,your mum will love this!
Hugs Heidy

Teresa said...

This is totally gorgeous Liz, I bet your Mum loved it.
Teresa xx

Fleur said...

Wow Liz, I bet she loved it. It's stunning
Hugz Fleur xXx

Chelsea said...

Wow, amazing card Liz. Your mom will sure to love it. It's so feminine and so elegant.
Love,
Chelsea

Marlies said...

What a gorgeous bookcard you made!! Realy beautiful, lovely details!
hugs, Marlies

Christine said...

WOWER Tilda creation Liz lots of Love & work in this master piece..gorgeous soft colours love it.

smiles Christine xx

ps postie has been BIG XXXX

Deirdre said...

Liz, beautiful creation. You couldn't call it just a card... it's amzing. The details... so feminine and pretty. Love it.

Deborah said...

Beautiful!!!
Such a nice details!!!
Greets Deborah

Susy said...

This is stunning!
So beautiful!!!

HUGS SUSY

Anonymous said...

YIKES!!! This is so stunning girl!! LOVE the image, your coloring and dynamite layout!! Fabulous work girl!! HUGS

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is beautiful, I am sure your mom would be so happy to get this special card from you!

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous Liz...I bet your Mum loved it...

hugs Vicky xx

D K Crafts said...

Hi Liz. Stunning card. Love the colours and image. The book style is gorgeous. I'm sure your mum loved it. Donna

Danni said...

So beautiful! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Sarah said...

Hi Liz, I've been waiting to see when you would make one, it has turned out really well, love all the elements you have used. Hopefully the other links will be useful too - hugs Sarahx

Unknown said...

Ahh!!! Liz this is just gorgeous what a beautiful creation, your Mum loved it I bet have a super week chum,
Lots Hugs
Sarah x

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is gorgeous Liz.
luv
Debby

cheryl said...

oh wow hun,this is just stunning,love love it super detail hun,bet your mum loved it to bits,hugs cheryl xxxx

Unknown said...

I bet your Mum loved it, I do its just stunning.
Chris x

Lisa Jane said...

wow what a work of art .. stunning
Thanks for joining us at sarah hurley this week
Lisa x

nessy said...

i`m guessing your mum just loved this card!! just so adorable and such delicate colours and pretty detail!!
vanessa xx
ps don`t talk to me about cameras, trying to use my new one after my old one gave up the ghost.....mmmmmmmmm not good!!LOL!

Kirsty said...

Hi wow this is such a beautiful project so much detail and so many pretty things ! The idea of a pocket too is such a cool idea. Must try this book thingy sometime when I feel brave enough lol . Kitty. :D

Berry said...

Stunning work! Thanks for sharing at SFTW hugs Rebekah xx

jaine drake said...

Wowee what a project. It's truly fabulous. Thanks for joining the challenge with Sarah Hurley this week.

Mandy said...

Oh wow hun this is a stunner, so soft and pretty, I bet your mum loved it.
Sorry I haven't emailed today, I've had a day of floating around on painkillers and can only just see straight lol
hugs Mandy xx

Susie Sugar said...

OMG what can I say I'm reaching for my inhaler coz this is breathtaking !!! you put so much work in to everything you make
Its gorgeous
Hugs Susie xx